« « Bye Blogger! Hello WordPress!

How to repair a hanged or corrupted iPod?

Posted on December 7th, 2007 in entertainment,gadgets,hacks,maintainance,tricks,tutorials by Ankit Duseja

Is your iPod corrupted or hanged up? Or you slept in night while your iPod was still working & now when you woke up in the morning, your iPod has just frozen up?

iPod Nano

Its the time when you are beating your head because you haven’t created any backup of your files on it. You connect it to a PC or a mac but iTunes is requesting to restore your iPod which means loss of your important data. Well, before restoring or formatting your iPod, do consider reading this article. This method will not erase any data on your iPod.

Difference between a Corrupted iPod & a Hanged iPod:
Before we get started, it is very important to know th difference between a Hanged iPod & a Corrupted iPod. An iPod gets hanged up when it has been working since hours or it has not been safely ejected from a computer or a corrupted mp3 file has been played on it. While iPod corruption is mainly caused by a corrupted mp3 file or not ejecting the iPod safely from computer.

How would I know that my iPod is corrupted or hanged up?
Its simple, if your iPod is hanged it will just not react, not even switching it on or off is possible. But if your iPod is corrupted it will be not be totally frozen up but it be will continuously restarting itself or it may act very unusual. However, if you connect either a hanged or corrupted iPod to a mac or a PC, iTunes will always show it as a corrupted iPod & will ask you to restore it.

How to repair a hanged iPod?
Well repairing a hanged iPod is very simple & easy. Its just a one step process. Unplug the iPod from a PC, mac or an iPod charger. Then just press the Center & the Menu button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Yes that’s it The magic combination key. Well there is no magic here, its just a simple trick to restart an iPod. ;)

Well a hanged iPod can be repaired by this way but if your iPod is corrupted, then you are in trouble! But don’t worry there is still some hope!

How to repair a corrupted iPod?
Note: Chances are very low that your iPod data can be safely recovered from a corrupted iPod!
In this case, first try connecting your iPod to a Mac or PC. If windows or Mac OS is able to detect & read data from your drive (It will be available in My Computer & windows will show it as a Removable Drive). Then simply copy all folders & files into a folder on your PC hard drive (Remember: Don’t forget to copy all hidden files & folders).

Now restore your iPod using iTunes & also if an upgrade is available for your iPod so upgrade it. Now when your iPod has been restored or formatted. Copy the hidden folder back to iPod (Note: Do not copy the corrupted files back to your iPod as it may again corrupt your iPod) & your iPod is ready.

But if the drive is not detected, take your iPod to a your nearest recovery center.

UPDATE: If you don’t have any important data on your ipod & your ipod is corrupted then simply format your ipod with Windows Format utility & then connect it to latest version of iTunes. Let the iTunes restore or update your iPod. Your ipod will be ready by this time with new firmware files.

Sometimes, iTunes cannot restore or update the iPod. In this condition you should opt for the following measures:

1. Update iTunes to the latest version and attempt to restore your iPod.
  2. Try connecting your iPod to a different USB port and restore.
  3. Remove any third-party USB devices you have connected to your computer (it is not necessary to remove your keyboard or mouse).
  4. If you use Windows, re-register .dll files as described in article #304996.
  5. For Windows users, update or reinstall your Windows USB drivers.
  6. Try connecting your iPod to another computer and then try restoring or formating your iPod.

Note: If you have an iPod shuffle you may need to use the iPod Reset Utility to restore the iPod. © Yogtec’s Digital Technology

201 Responses to 'How to repair a hanged or corrupted iPod?'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'How to repair a hanged or corrupted iPod?'.

1. Suprabha Nandi said,

on January 7th, 2008 at 6:26 pm

The problem i am facing is very strange, seemingly incomprehensible….everything is working fine….my i-pod is getting detected in the pc, i can view every data available in it….
    But if i load songs into it using itunes v7.4, after disconnecting the i-pod from the pc, its showing NO MUSIC…no matter how many songs i load into i-tunes, after disconnecting, the i-pod shows no songs…..nothing…
    do u think its a problem with i-tunes? i dont think so because i reinstalled i-tunes and tried, but with the same results….
    can u suggest me anything?
    it would be of great help

2. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 7th, 2008 at 8:29 pm

No the problem is not with iTunes, as you told the problem is in the firmware of your ipod!

If you don’t have any important data then restore or format your ipod!

You may even try to update ipod firmware to the latest available.

If still nothing works then you will have to send it to Apple care center.

3. manjul said,

on January 9th, 2008 at 4:46 pm

thanx 4 helping me out of this hanging proble

4. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 9th, 2008 at 8:04 pm

You are Welcome!

5. John Fernandes said,

on January 15th, 2008 at 4:57 am

My iPod does not show any data in windows, iTunes can’t detect it, Device manager show it.. When i boot the iPod it displays a corrupt message….. any ideas…

6. bavs said,

on January 15th, 2008 at 8:55 am

Dude your idea to restart hanged Ipod rocks.. man i was struggling with it for so many times now..
    thanks a ton

7. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 15th, 2008 at 6:06 pm

To John Fernandes

Your ipod is corrupted! If it does not contain any important data, then try to format it! If still nothing works, sorry no solution for it. Submit it to Apple Repairing center.

8. Alicia said,

on January 16th, 2008 at 4:45 am

*ok…i kinda did what u said if ur iPod is corrupted. my comp detected the ipod and whatever. i copied my itunes stuff and whatever into a folder, i no you said click the restore button…but before that..what do i do with the songs in my itunes library? do i delete them then click the restore button?
    *i once cliked restore 2 c what would happen…and it was like it didnt no anthing…everything in my library was there…but my songs wont sync into my ipod =P nothing at all…
    *oh and how do you update your ipod to the latest firmware thingy?

9. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 16th, 2008 at 2:35 pm

To Alicia
    Try formating your ipod drive it with windows. And then open itunes & itunes will automatically configure it again. This should work!iTunes automatically checks for new firmware periodically, so all you should do id just connect ipod to a computer with an internet connection. If your firmware is old then it will automatically ask you update you ipod!

10. Alicia said,

on January 17th, 2008 at 12:57 am

i try to reformat by lyk rite clickin removable disk in my computer, but it freezes all up..when i pilugged my second ipod…it didnt freeze (that one is working fine, i just wanted 2 c if it would freeze too) and my other ipod is like almost 3 years old (iPod Mini) and its working fine..this one (corupted one) is the 5th generation and its not workin >.<
    and it also doesnt give me the option of those 4 different restore things like it said on every other website, it just goes straight to restore…which i dont see the point because at the end it starts all over and tells me that my ipod is corupted -.-

11. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 17th, 2008 at 10:51 am

To Alicia,
    Read my last my last comment properly! Try formatting it with WINDOWS only not any other software! & then again connect it to itunes after formatting it with windows. It will detect it as a very new ipod & will load new firmware files in it. If still nothing works, we can’t help you any more! Submit your ipod to Apple Center near you.

REMEMBER: Perform a COMPLETE format (not quick-format) WITH WINDOWS ONLY.

It can be done as follows:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Right Click on your iPod Drive.
    3. Click on “Format”.
    4. Prefer FAT32 file system.
    5. Dont Label it now (Leave it blank).
    6. Uncheck “Quick Format” Option.
    7. Uncheck “Enable Compression” option also.
    8. Click on “Start”.

NOTE: It may take some time to format the drive. Try to format your ipod on a computer with some good configuration. Means good proccessor & RAM. This will not hang the system while formating.

Now it will show “Format Completed Successfully”

Open itunes & rest of the work will be done by iTunes automatically!

Hope this helps you!

12. nidhi said,

on January 29th, 2008 at 7:44 pm

hi..
    actually my ipod is being detected by itunes(version 7.6) but it is not syncing the songs although videos are syncing but without sounds….
    i tried to format it but it displayed the message “windows cannot format”..
    plzzz help me out…

13. Ankit Duseja said,

on February 2nd, 2008 at 7:02 pm

To Nidhi,
    Your problem is quite strange. I think your ipod is having a hardware problem! Submit it to ipod repair center! You may also try to restore or update your ipod firmware!

14. Ankit Duseja said,

on February 2nd, 2008 at 7:17 pm

To Neil,
    Did you try formatting your ipod with windows? But your problem is just that your ipod firmware has got corrupted!

15. ankur said,

on February 6th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

thanks my ipod had hanged and pressed the cente button and menu for over 10 seconds ..it solved the purpose !! thanksssssss

16. lorraine said,

on February 10th, 2008 at 3:53 am

can anyone help please, I am pulling my hair out!! I downloaded itunes 7.6 last week and ever since doing so my computer is not recognising my ipod. Asks me to restore and I do this but it says the ipod is corrupt and gives me a 1418 error message. It worked perfectly fine before the download. I have tried deleting and reinstalling itunes but nothing seems to work. Help!!!!

17. Ankit Duseja said,

on February 10th, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Well Lorraine I must tell you iTunes never corrupt the iPod. The ipod gets corrupted by itself if it is detached from computer while iTunes was working on it or iPod has been working continuously workin for some hours!

You must try to format your ipod & then open iTunes & let it restore or update your iPod!

& for your 1418 error problem, I am updating the article above!

18. lorraine said,

on February 11th, 2008 at 2:15 am

thanks v.much, there was a problem with I Tunes 7.6 which I installed and the problem appears to have been solved as my ipod is now recognised and is working.

19. Bhavin said,

on February 27th, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Hi…

I have got a 30GB Ipod….and the problem is that i am not able to detect it in my PC…..i can play the music in it …but when i connect it pc is not able to detect it…..i also tried with other pcs also…..please help me out……

20. Ankit Duseja said,

on February 27th, 2008 at 7:12 pm

To Bhavin,
    Is your connecting working fine. Check out if it have some defects!If any of your friend have another ipod try connecting that ipod with your cable! If it does not connects go buy a new cable! But if it do connect then check your ipod for damage at cable connector!Sometimes this happens because windows usb drivers are not installed properly but as you told you have connected your ipod to multiple computer this may not be the problem!

21. Bhavin said,

on February 28th, 2008 at 10:17 am

hey thnks 4 ur response….but i have checked it wid other cable as well…but did not work…..!!! so wht would be da solution 4 it…!!!!

22. Ankit Duseja said,

on February 28th, 2008 at 1:01 pm

To Bhavin,

The problem now seems to be is with your ipod, it may be in firmware or hardware!

When you connect your ipod does it start charging or does it just not react?

If it is not reacting in any way, then that may be hardware problem & if it start charging then it may be a firmware problem.

In both the cases as your ipod cannot connect to computer, I can’t assist you anymore! Sorry for it but you will have to submit it to a repair center!

23. Adeel said,

on March 6th, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Thanks a lot … my ipod hanged ….. but ur article helped me outta the problem !!!

24. camrron said,

on March 18th, 2008 at 6:02 pm

i was copying songs to my ipod and current went off , since then my ipod shuffle is not detected by the the computer . it says there is some I/O error . wat should i do ? my itunes does not detect the ipod , nor am i able to format it. plz email me to wat to do . my email id is gudthingscuminsmallpackages@yahoo.co.in

25. Col said,

on March 22nd, 2008 at 6:45 am

HELP – my secong gen ipod nano is corrupt. Itunes says its corrupt but when i reset it to factory settings the same error message appears. I’ve tried several times. Also when i try to reformat it the computer says ‘unable to complete format’ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

26. SUDIP JANA said,

on March 27th, 2008 at 5:39 pm

I have a Supercomp 1GB ipod.But few days ago it does not shown any file in it, but it have the file. it shows no file. the no file message comes for music player & vedio player but it is ok for radio & game. I am very affraid. pls pls help me.
    plssssssss helpppppppp.

27. billa said,

on April 15th, 2008 at 1:39 pm

thanks , i sloved my problem

28. Maher said,

on April 18th, 2008 at 11:27 am

Hi,

29. Aaron said,

on April 21st, 2008 at 7:35 am

hi…i just bought a ipod classic…and i already made a few mistakes that i wasnt aware that i shouldnt do….
    for example: disconnecting my ipod for my comp before ejecting…i only did this a few times before realizing it wasnt a good idea…will those few times doing that affect my ipod in anyway… a response would be great
    -thanx=]

30. Ankit Duseja said,

on April 21st, 2008 at 2:02 pm

To Aaron,
    Well if you are not facing any problem till now then there’s no problem. But just take care in future that you don’t get your self in trouble by avoiding such simple points. It can some times even erase all data on your ipod permanently.

Best Wishes,
    Ankit.

31. Maher said,

on April 23rd, 2008 at 11:13 am

Hi,I have an Ipod touch, my problem with the touch is that the videos on my touch do not have any sound.I can see the video on it but, when i play the music video the sound does not come.Please help some one…. u could mail me at maherik [at] gmail.com too…..

32. Ankit Duseja said,

on April 23rd, 2008 at 2:27 pm

To Maherik,
    Can you hear the sound while you are listening songs? If so then update your iPod to the latest firmware version available. I cannot assist you further with an iPod touch. Sorry!

33. Chhavi Methi said,

on April 30th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

The magic combination really worked. Thanks a ton.

34. kamal said,

on May 1st, 2008 at 9:50 am

i hav tried to use the magic combination but still my ipod is idle……

35. Nishen said,

on May 3rd, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Hi,
    I have a iPod Classic 80gb. Yesterday I synced some videos using itunes & when it is completed I couldn’t eject it but I disconected it. And when i played a video that I have synced & when I tried to paly a another the screen got black & the ipod got reset it self for sevaral times with a strange sound “click”. when I connect the iPod to the computer a itunes window is opened and messege says that the ipod is corrupted & it has to be restored I tried it. It get stucks in the middle. And when I saw your web I tried your solution in My Computer the ipod is showed as a removable disk when I tried to open it it says “please insert a disk into drive” & we cannot format it. Ihave used 26/80 gb with system files videos & songs when I go to the music or video menu it show no videos or no songs. But in settings it shows only 54gb is free. And in menus the (video,music,photos) that they are empty.

36. Nishen said,

on May 3rd, 2008 at 3:48 pm

I dont want my data back but I want my ipod repaired. Please

37. pawan chopra said,

on May 12th, 2008 at 9:52 am

Hi,

I have a Creative MuVo v100 mp3 player. Whenever I connect it to my PC , my Pc gets hanged I dont understand wht is the problem. Sometimes it works fine but the moment i transfer some music from pc to mp3 player again it freezes. please help if you have any solution for this.

Thanks in advance
    Pawan

38. Monica said,

on May 18th, 2008 at 8:39 am

I checked to see if my ipod was hanged or corrupted and I thought it was hanged because it doesn’t do anything at all so I tried pushing both the center and menu button together, but it didn’t work. Did I do it wrong. Or does that mean my ipod is corrupted.

39. ravindra said,

on May 21st, 2008 at 1:09 am

Thanks a lot….solution really helped …my ipod was hanged….

40. Rajesh Yadav said,

on June 4th, 2008 at 1:00 am

Data in my ipod was very very important to me and my ipod had hanged and pressed the cente button and menu for over 10 seconds ..it solved the purpose !!
    THANK YOU.

41. Kalima said,

on June 5th, 2008 at 10:55 am

My ipod is frozen with a picture of a wall outlet and a plug, and is not reconized by itunes. Wuddup?

42. on June 5th, 2008 at 12:43 pm

[...] corrupted files back to your ipod as it … was there&8230but my songs wont sync into my ipod =P …http://dt.yogtec.com/2007/12/how-to-repair-a-hanged-or-corrupted-ipod/SLB: iPod – How to reset a frozen or locked iPod – Step-by-Step GuideMar 5, 2007 … Wii Fit Balance [...]

43. Kalima said,

on June 6th, 2008 at 1:08 am

Cannot restore because it contains files that are in use by another application. What can i do?

44. Mike said,

on June 6th, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Unable to remove or delete songs

45. Ravs said,

on June 7th, 2008 at 2:27 am

My Ipod nano has a corrupt firmware. I tried updating the firmware on iTunes 7 but after the update it still freezes as before. Moreover I have tried formating it from the My Computer Menu on vista. However I have not been able to get vista to format it either. Can anyone help.

46. shayza said,

on June 12th, 2008 at 1:36 am

Thanks for all the help. I have had my Ipod classic for about 4 years and it has crashed on before and lost over half my music. I thought it was happening again until I tried your little restart trick and now it is working fine.
    You’re my hero!

47. Vikrant Raut said,

on June 14th, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Thank You for the posts.It did help. Thanks and Regards,

Vikrant Raut.

48. rishabh said,

on June 19th, 2008 at 12:57 pm

thnx a ton man
    my ipod had hung up…nd i was losgin hope..but then i came across ur article..thnx a lot man
    the resart trick is a life saver :)

regards
    rishabh ginotra

49. Ankit Duseja said,

on June 20th, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Thank you all for providing such good feedback’s! Well im now back to blogging! Hope to provide with such amzing articles again! ;)

Cheers!
    Ankit Duseja.

50. nitin said,

on June 24th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

is it safe to install freewares on an ipod like the one available to use ipod as a usb.how to upload photos on my ipod classic 6gen 8ogb keeping the previously uploaded photos intact

51. nav said,

on June 28th, 2008 at 10:23 am

Oh my god thank you so much I just got my ipod like a month ago for my birthday and it wouldn’t work I got so scared but thank you so so so so so so much.

52. noorul hudha said,

on June 30th, 2008 at 9:06 pm

I LOVE U!!! seriously.. i ws soo worried abt my ipod.. hehe thank gudness i saw ur website otherwise i mightve spent a fortune in trying to fix it!

53. Teens said,

on July 3rd, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Thank you very much. I was freaking out!!! :)

54. Amit said,

on July 9th, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Thx dude… my ipod was hanged, magic combination worked for me

55. vinod said,

on July 18th, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Thnx dude…

ur magic combo avoided a fight between two people….

56. Calli said,

on July 29th, 2008 at 12:07 am

my ipod is frozen and will not go off the lock mode.. i tried restarting it and restoring it and neither of them will wok. if i plug it into the computer nothing will happen.. HELP

57. Ankit Duseja said,

on July 29th, 2008 at 2:34 pm

@Calli,
    Well the problem is some models of Apple iPod’s don’t have the function to restart. Thus this trick will not work. If your iPod sceen is continuously on and iPod is not responding at all. Let it get completely dicharged. Finally it will turn off at a time. Then connect it to computer and charge it. It will now restart. Hope that works!

58. Brian J said,

on July 31st, 2008 at 2:41 am

Thanks your a life saver! I thought I lost everything.

59. kiran said,

on August 5th, 2008 at 10:26 pm

my ipod has been working but my battery was low so i connected it to my laptop, suddenyly the laptop stopped working n i had to unplug my ipod without ejecting it i waited till my laptop was working then i tried to connect it again its detecting but itunes did not open and the screen has been displaying “connected eject before disconnecting” even if i unplug by ejecting it still shows that what should i do please help me?

60. Kalyan said,

on August 24th, 2008 at 6:00 am

Thanks for the article. It helped me out to restart my iPod. Didn’t know what to do. It was hanged and wasn’t responding at all. Just restarted pressing the centre and menu key simlutaneously.

61. sahil said,

on August 31st, 2008 at 2:55 pm

thx dude

thx alot

i dunt knw hw to thank u

thx fr tht hanging thng

62. OliviaObscene said,

on September 10th, 2008 at 3:37 am

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    I was in the process of restoring my ipod completely when I stumbled upon this website and I tried it AND IT WORKED!!

I have 4 gigs of music on my ipod nano and this site saved me from losing it all! thank you again!!!

63. BALTEG SINGH said,

on September 11th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

thanx man the trik really helped …..my ipod was hanged up ….
    thanx man thanx alot

64. Sara said,

on September 11th, 2008 at 9:32 pm

thank you so much! my ipod got hung up and itunes was telling me to restore it and i was freaking out, but your 10 second thing worked perfectly!

65. weemarley said,

on September 12th, 2008 at 12:21 am

hey, my ipod froze today on the ‘podcast menu’..had been working perfectly to date..despite me pressing menu and center continuously all evening…it will not restore. I have connected to itunes and it says its corrupted….its only 2 months old!! help!!

66. Vidhya said,

on September 23rd, 2008 at 12:04 am

Wow, thanks a ton! my ipod got hanged, was worried. finally i could fix it with the help of your post.

67. May said,

on October 5th, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Oh my God!! Thank you very much!! I thought my iPod was corrupted but actually it was only hanged up!! I just pressed the menu and center buttons for 10s and it worked!! Thank you so much for this article!!!

68. Amber Smith said,

on October 13th, 2008 at 10:06 pm

When i plug my ipod video into my computer, itunes pops up and it says that it cannot sync because the ipod is corrupted, and to try restoring it. Then i try to restore it and it does not work. I’ve tried it with a different computer too. At the end it just freezes up and i have to restart it using the middle button and the menu button. HELP!

69. Ankit Duseja said,

on October 13th, 2008 at 11:38 pm

@Amber
    Simply format it using windows format utility! It should work!

70. Jenna said,

on October 19th, 2008 at 9:18 am

Recently bought an iPod Video and the first time I tried syncing it with my computer it said it was corrupt and to restore the iPod. I did and got the same message again. I uninstalled and reenstalled iTunes and got the same problem. Then I tried hooking up my old nano to my computer and again, got the same message, restored that, and still said theyre both corrupt. Could it be my computer??

71. Ankit Duseja said,

on October 19th, 2008 at 7:58 pm

@ Jenna,
    It could be anything, your iTunes copy, your computer’s USB or even your Windows. Well most probably it seems to be your iTunes.

Try downloading the latest version of iTunes and still if don’t works try connecting your iPod to another computer. If it runs on another computer, then the problem is really with your computer.

72. Sophia said,

on October 20th, 2008 at 1:50 am

thankyouthankyouthankyou
    my ipod is fully restored now :)

73. CarlyAwesome said,

on October 21st, 2008 at 1:45 pm

OH NO OH NO!!!
    Please don’t let me lose all of my music. Hmm lets see, accidently let iPod play all night long. This usually wouldn’t present a problem, as I play it at work for up to 8 hours at a time, but now that battery icon refuses to go green, after being charged for a significant time, and iTunes says it is corrupted. iPod won’t connect to computer, so I can’t back up all my files in an effort to reformat!!!
    HELP, please, I can’t lose another 7000 songs again!!!

74. farah said,

on October 26th, 2008 at 8:28 pm

i have no idea what to do. my ipod says that it needs to be restored by using itunes.. so i plug it into itunes and its detected but it tells me that it has detected a corrupt ipod and that i need to restore it before using itunes. and i dont know how else to restore it. please help me. i dont kno what generation ipod i have.. its black, a nano, and oldddddddd. it was the first type of ipod to come out.. ipod classic im guessing?

75. gesges said,

on October 28th, 2008 at 4:31 am

excellent thanx it really helped me ,i started to freaking out ,you should post it on applle discusion ,,,thanx again

76. April said,

on October 28th, 2008 at 8:24 am

hey thank you so much! i never knew about that restarting trick… but this site is a real life-saver! thank you so so so much! <3

77. chaitanya said,

on October 28th, 2008 at 2:03 pm

my ipod is stuck……….i think last night i left it onbecause today when i tried to run and plugged in the headphones there was a song already playing however it was not the song which the ipod was showing in now playing<the song the ipod showed in now playing was the song i had last heard on it……and then wen i tried to play some other song it completely froze and has remained frozen………wen i connected it to my computer i got a type of update saying restore your ipod i clicked yes but then nothing happened and my ipod is stuck since…..plz help

78. Ankit Duseja said,

on October 29th, 2008 at 3:04 pm

@ Chaitanya

Did u tried formatting your ipod with windows?

79. Nadia said,

on October 29th, 2008 at 10:51 pm

When i plug my ipod (20GB) itunes says that is corrupted and needs to be restore which i did few times but it says the same message again again and again. Somebody plz help me figure out what is wrong with my ipod. And plz e-mail me at cute[underscore]shabana[at]hotmail[dot]com

[mail address coded by Yogtec staff for user privacy]

80. George said,

on November 1st, 2008 at 7:52 am

i recieved a 30gb ipod from a friend after they dropped it and the screen broke. they said that it took a pretty bad fall. i know how to replace the screen but i want to make sure everything else is still good before i waste my time. i plugged it into my computer and itunes says it is corrupted, but when i try to restore it, itunes has an error. i try to restore it through ‘my computer’ and it locks up my computer. please help. email me at bigdaddyt35@yahoo.com

81. Bille Janssen Lagarde said,

on November 1st, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Im very lucky that I have seen this site. At first, I was in trouble when I found out that my iPod hangs. Then, I have read the magic combination and presto! I repaired my Pod. Thanks a lot sir!

82. Peqkid said,

on November 5th, 2008 at 5:35 am

i recentally recieved a used ipod from my friend because it wasnt working, i replaced the hard drive because the old one was broken, the new one i put in was from another used ipod same type (30gb 5g) when i tried to format, it wouldnt let me :\
    i even went into diagnostics mode (middle and left button) and it said it had 95gb left on it… and i was like wait, its a 30gb hd… i was wondering if u had any ideas? i tried itunes and explorer…

-thanks!

83. Peqkid said,

on November 5th, 2008 at 6:27 am

it also says its RAW and 0 memory on it when i try to format

84. Mac said,

on November 9th, 2008 at 6:20 am

I did everything i said on this page to restore my Ipod but when i plug it in to my pc iTunes still say that it is corrupted.. what do i do know?

85. Lee said,

on November 20th, 2008 at 11:29 am

I have a 160 Gig IPod Classic. It runs fine, but when I plug it into Itunes, I am asked to restore it. I am running Vista also. Anyway, I try restoring it, and it does nothing, I just get the error again. Then I read about formatting it in Device manager with Fat32 and not a quick erase. It sits there for a while and then says it cannot format. I am at a loss. Please help. I have also got the most recent version of Itunes. I don’t care about the files on my IPOD, I can always put them back on. Thanks.

86. Jonathan said,

on November 23rd, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Thank you :) ! SO much

87. liam said,

on November 23rd, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Hi, i have an ipod Nano and i was playing it fine in my i-station, i tried to play a playlist and they music just wouldn’t play. The ‘paused’ and ‘now playing’ in the top left would alternate if it was supposed to be playing or if it was supposed to be paused, but nothing would happen. I then tried went to, Music>Artists>All Artists> All Songs, and if froze.

i’ve tried the Menu – Centre button idea but nothing has changed.
    When i plug into i-tunes nothing happens.

88. Shashim said,

on November 25th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Thanks!

89. Michelle said,

on November 26th, 2008 at 6:03 am

Thank you so much!!!!!

Ahh I thought all was lost,but my ipod was just hanged!

90. Ailsa said,

on December 5th, 2008 at 4:23 pm

Thank you! You are such a champion, I thought that I had killed my iPod once and for all, but it was merely hanged! Champion!

91. Andrew said,

on December 9th, 2008 at 4:20 am

You are a good man. Fan-friggin-tastic!

92. Joy said,

on December 9th, 2008 at 9:53 am

Omg Omg OMG !! I Thought There Was NO WAY Possible To Unfreeze My Ipod…I Was Holdin It Over The Trash Can Until I Read This JUST IN TIME…Omg Wowwww

93. uche said,

on December 9th, 2008 at 11:24 pm

my ipod is so not workin i dont know if it is corrupted or hanged

94. on December 16th, 2008 at 2:32 am

Thanks so much for the help topic on how to reset a hanged Ipod. My Ipod hanged for hours and I followed the step u gave to me and it was done.Once again thanks…

95. juan said,

on January 3rd, 2009 at 8:39 am

thank you sir i didn’t know what to do with my i pod

96. nik said,

on January 11th, 2009 at 3:49 am

is my hard drive broken if i’ve restored factory settings? and in the about it says capacity = 0
    ?

97. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 11th, 2009 at 10:59 am

@nic
    A hard drive cannot be broken by restoring factory settings though you may lose all the data in it. If you are using Windows, try formatting your iPod’s drive with windows format utility.

98. arana said,

on January 11th, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Thank you so much for your help. My iPod slowly stopped responding one day and this info really helped. First, my iPod wouldn’t recognize a rotation and then it just stopped responding altogether. I pressed the menu button and the center button like you said and voila! It worked! Thanks again!

99. Zaib Ali said,

on January 18th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

hi everyone, my problem is that i installed a corrupt zune firmware on my ipod video 5.5g and now my ipod is not working at and is hanged at the Apple logo at start up! can any one help me on this?

100. brandi said,

on January 19th, 2009 at 11:15 am

my ipod is corrupted and when i connect it, it says that it needs to be restored before used with windows or itunes..but even after i do thiss it keeps saying the same thing!

What do i do!

ive tried everything!

101. Jeremy said,

on January 24th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I just bought my girl an ipod touch and everything seemed to be working fine on it until the other day I tried connecting the ipod to my laptop via USB port and the laptop rebooted itself over and over. I took it and the ipod to the place I bought them from and the head man siad that I was putting the USB cord in the wrong USB port. On one side of the laptop the USB ports are for something to power the laptop and on the other side those ports are for things like flash drives and stuff like that. I take it home thinking it will work and it still doesnt. I tried all 4 ports and it still doesnt work. How do I solve this?

102. Jeremy said,

on January 24th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

I did have it working before. and the laptop and the ipod work just fine not connected but when I plug in the USB cord to the laptop it brings up a message saying “Device Found: Still Camera” and then it reboots itself and will continie to due so until I unplug the ipod from the computer. The ipod works fine as far as I can tell.

103. Monami said,

on January 25th, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Hi, my ipod is stuck on “do not disconnect”. It is not restarting and when i connect it the laptop, it says that the USB Device not recognized and it is malfunctioned..what do i do?

104. Ankit Duseja said,

on January 31st, 2009 at 12:01 am

@Jeremy: The problem is with your laptop and not the iPod. I think you should get your laptop’s USB driver updated or get your laptop checked by a professional.

@Monami: Your iPod is a corrupted one.

@brandi: Try formatting your iPod with Windows.

105. Rikita said,

on March 26th, 2009 at 6:03 am

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106. musicjunkie30 said,

on March 28th, 2009 at 11:47 am

thank you for the tips!

It worked well for me!

107. Ken O said,

on April 1st, 2009 at 9:41 am

Hello,
    I was looking for some urgent help! I had been transferring music onto my 5th generation 30gb i-pod. Something happened and all my music disappeared. Now it isn’t an automatic update itunes I use, everything is manual…But here is the weird thing, when I plug my ipod it shows that the memory is still being used up, but all the songs seem to have been erased! When I eject the ipod, a window pops up stating: Windows – No Disk, (at the bottom) a red X, Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 7cc31d6c 7cc31d6c 7cc31d6c 7cc31d6c (cancel, try again, continue) I have never had this happen before, except for the exception that whenever I burned older cd’s onto the ipod, every now and then the titles would mysteriously vanish and I would have to upload them every now and then. I’m really concerned…Is it corrupted? is there anyway I can retrieve all my music? And why does it show that all that memory is being used up? also, it won’t let me download more than 3 more albums…Your knowledge and wisdom will be truly appreciated…Thank you for your time…

108. physicsguy89 said,

on April 3rd, 2009 at 4:33 am

HELP!!!! My iPod

1. Works for about 1 minute after syncing it with my PC.
    2. It then shuts off and is completely unresponsive. I cant restart it or anything!
    3. Then, I plug it in to my PC and it doesnt recognize it.
    4. Then, after many tries to restart it, I get some response.
    5. Sometimes it syncs, other times it tells me to restore it to factory settings.
    6. Ive restored it many times (5 or 6) and it’s still the same!
    HELP!!!!!!!

109. Matthew said,

on April 6th, 2009 at 2:18 pm

The advice is very good, i think i will have to make a copy of all music on ipod and restore it:

it is working fine when not plugged into a computer, as far as it is like an ipod that has never had anything uploaded to it (has all software on it which works) but it says ‘no music’ when i go to music.

When i plug it into a computer, itunes says its corrupt, but i can see all files when i go thru ‘my computer’

My dilema is that I have a load of ‘purchased music’ on it from other people’s itunes accounts; once i copy any purchased music off the ipod to a hard-drive, is there any way of uploading it without their itunes account details??

110. Jess said,

on April 6th, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Hi, I went to add songs to my ipod and itunes keeps telling me it’s corrupt. I have tried what you said to do, and no luck! It’s completely frozen. I can’t restore it, and I can’t shut it off…. HELP!

111. maker said,

on May 17th, 2009 at 11:02 pm

shit just wont work…i plug it in and it turns white and does some funny noise….it also erased my music

112. jumz said,

on May 20th, 2009 at 5:43 am

weeehheeeeyyy..
    i got my ipoD back into music..

rock n roll..haha,

thank’s for your help..

113. nikka said,

on May 22nd, 2009 at 8:47 am

thank you! i thought i will not be able to restore my ipod again.but it’s working now. thank you very much

114. Kristian said,

on June 5th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Hi, Just turned my ipod on and its said its corrupted, ive restored it and it has said keep your ipod connected. I have done this and seemingly all that is happening is that it is asking me to restore it again because my ipod is in recovery mode. what should i do?

115. Talia said,

on June 28th, 2009 at 11:39 am

Thankyou so much for you instructions for the hanged ipod. It was simple and yet never occured to me. I had been searching the internet in vain for ways to fix my ipod thinking it was corrupted, and of course, nothign worked. THankYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.

116. Ted said,

on July 31st, 2009 at 2:00 am

I have a 60GB ipod/photo that works fine. I restored it, updated it and everything works except when I plug in any headphones, the lock icon appears as if I’ve locked it and no sound comes out of the headphones. What can I do?

117. FrencyIsSad said,

on August 15th, 2009 at 11:39 am

Hey . I have this problem just right now.. When i plug my ipod touch (8gb) to my computer which is windows xp … Itunes cannot detect mt ipod touch! and somethings pop out and saids”the application “^0″ was not installed on the iPod “^1″ because the application is corrupt and could not be read” What happen? Please email me at frency1695@yahoo.com

118. kevin said,

on August 15th, 2009 at 9:02 pm

hi,my ipod touch went blank(actually is screen turn white),do you have any idea wat i can do?

119. kevin said,

on August 15th, 2009 at 9:11 pm

and if it is sent to the store for repairing will the data be erased?

120. emeka lucky said,

on August 25th, 2009 at 8:38 pm

pls help me cos my ipod can start up

121. gerd muller said,

on September 8th, 2009 at 4:48 pm

i formatted my 120gb ipod classic to ntfs and now after restoring it i connect it back to another computer and it says i need to restore it back and if i try formating it to it default(fat32)it wont support what should i do to get it back to fat32 and restore it back finally without any rep
    eation in restoring it

122. dakota said,

on September 11th, 2009 at 9:02 am

DUDE YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER I WAS SO MAD THAT MY IPOD GOT HANGED BUT YOU SAVED THE DAY MAN!!! WHHOOO!!!

123. Viviana said,

on September 13th, 2009 at 10:26 pm

HELP ME PLEASE! my iPod is hanged, it just not react,i only see the apple,not even switching it on or off, my pc doesn`t recognize it and i tried and pressed the cente button and menu for over 10 secondspressed the cente button and menu for over 10 seconds i pressed the center butom and menu for over 10 seconds, for over 15 times but nothing!!! i have a lot of information ther and i don`t waht to format it , is there any other solution please???

124. bug said,

on September 20th, 2009 at 1:17 am

dude so my ipod is dead, and i plug it in to my pc and nothign comes up, on itunes nor in my computer
    what do i do, please help!

125. pedalpusher said,

on October 3rd, 2009 at 7:11 am

Thank you so much. It was hung up and your message got it running again in under a minute!!! Thanks! I was ready to toss it!!

126. Susan said,

on October 10th, 2009 at 8:27 pm

My Ipod works fine until I plug in the headphones. I have tried 3 different headphones. What can I do?

127. amichellef said,

on October 12th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

there’s something wrong with My mom’s iPod where you’re supposed to plug in the ear buds or speakers. You can barely hear anything, and what you do hear is incredibly static. But I also live overseas currently so….any ideas?

128. Millie said,

on October 22nd, 2009 at 7:43 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My ipod was hanged! No more disconnecting it incorrectly

129. biddy said,

on October 24th, 2009 at 6:27 am

i downloaded the latest version of iTunes and then plugged my 30G iPod in to charge and sync but when i clicked eject and plugged it out my iPod was frozen and iTunes said that my iPod is corrupted and it may not be able to connect to it again. I reset my iPod and it turned off but now it won’t do anything at all. Nothing comes up on the screen and when I plug it in the computer is doesn’t come up in iTunes or on my computer. Can anyone please help me?

130. kien said,

on November 12th, 2009 at 6:09 pm

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

131. scottywatty said,

on November 13th, 2009 at 3:05 am

i was simply putting music on my 5th gen 30gb ipod, then after i put a certain song on it was corrupted!!! it has been corrupted once before and i could still use my ipod outside of itunes. but this time nothing is showing up on it, but i go to settings->about and it says my ipod is still full. can you help me recover my ipod without erasing all my music?

132. Nohoma said,

on December 10th, 2009 at 10:27 am

Hey, my Ipod is recognized and everything all the music works fine, same with all but one of the videos. all my videos work but when i play one specific episode of a tv show my ipods backlight dims and the video never plays and my ipod hangs. any tipes im getin so POed

133. pushkin said,

on December 15th, 2009 at 6:26 pm

hey dude thnx a lot….!!!
    u r jst great!!!
    thnx a lot!!:)

134. steve413 said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 6:40 am

i have a 2nd generation ipod shuffle. when i try to plu it in it says usb devive not recognized, and my ipod does not show up in my computer, i checked the ports it says unkown device, so itunes cant recognize it either, i tried every webiste, i just about tried every method unistalling itunes, re intalling it. every thing!!!! iam using vista

135. Priya said,

on December 16th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

You are awesome!!
    thanks a ton!
    I was so upset with my ipod n this did it :D

136. ashley said,

on December 19th, 2009 at 1:21 am

my ipod isnt working at all and for some reason it deleted all my music and i cant get to my passcode thingy so i can put more on … all its doing is showing me a itunes thing and a charger .. it connets to itunes but i cant do anything til i get the passcode entered what do i do …?
    HELP PLEASE

137. miss bowes said,

on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:45 am

my music is working but the sceen is not showing anything . what have i done?

138. sowmya said,

on December 30th, 2009 at 7:08 pm

thank u so much..my ipod was new..it started working

139. amanda said,

on January 1st, 2010 at 8:21 pm

thank you so much i was worried i’d lost everything!

140. mad silver said,

on January 2nd, 2010 at 3:10 pm

wow! it’s work! thanks a lot! You Help me Fixed my iPOD… again thanks dude! :D

141. Lori said,

on January 7th, 2010 at 7:54 am

Thanks so much!!! My ipod was hanged but I thought it was corrupt and it was a big nightmare and I was looking at new ones just in case but now I’ve fixed it thanks to you!!!!! :)

142. Jeic said,

on January 23rd, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Thank you very much for helping me to repair my hunged ipod.. Thanks….

143. Nasser said,

on January 24th, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I did the what u said about the hanged ipod, regarding the center and menu button for 10 seconds, it really worked thanks, since one of the cause may be mp3 file corrupted in my ipod, how do i know which one is to delete it so not to occur in the future?
    Thanks a lot

144. Mond said,

on January 25th, 2010 at 5:49 am

my ipod nano cannot be restarted like what you said.

the backlight is turned on, and what ever i do the keys won’t work.

my pc cannot detect may ipod whenever i plug it in.

pls advice me what should i do. thanks a lot.

145. MadMark said,

on January 27th, 2010 at 1:01 pm

HELP NEEDED!

I have a 4yo iPod Mini that will no longer connects to iTunes. It displays the corrupt error message.
    I have:
    - iPod Mini software version 1.4.1
    - iTunes v9.0.2.25
    - Windows XP SP3
    What I have tried is:
    - Restore iPod from iTunes
    - Format iPod from Windows – starts then fails to finish
    - Format iPod from XP Disk Management – formats as FAT ok
    - Delete iPod Software Update directory, and iPod Updater Logs directory, then restart iTunes – downloads new software, but still displays corrupt error message

Any further suggestions will be most appreciated.

146. Vohne said,

on February 3rd, 2010 at 12:21 pm

This was really helpful. You saved me a ton of stress…took pretty long, but at least it’s over and done with. :) Thanks again.

147. Bhargavi said,

on February 8th, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gracias!!!! U spared me d horor!!!!
    I was freakin out.. But then ur MAGIC seemed to have worked out!!!!
    Thanks a bunch!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you!!!!!

148. luz said,

on February 28th, 2010 at 1:42 am

Thanks for the article, It was very helpfull!

149. Amy said,

on February 28th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I have a 16gb Nano Ipod. It works well in my car and on my home theatre system, where you can control it from the systems, but i cannot get my ipod to do anything else. I restored it, and now I am stuck on the language screen, I can’t get it to scroll or select. I can connect it to my computer and it works and sync’s, but I cannot select a language! Help!! Thanks!

150. Alesia said,

on March 2nd, 2010 at 7:47 am

Thanks! Helped alot!!

151. Suzanne said,

on March 2nd, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

152. shaiksha said,

on March 3rd, 2010 at 3:45 pm

my ipod classic got hangedup aftter running long hours. then i pressed centre and menu key for few seconds then it was ok,

153. sabryna said,

on March 11th, 2010 at 11:09 pm

My itunes said that my ipod was corrupted however it was just hanged and your solution did the trick. thank you so , so very much

154. Guia said,

on March 19th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I connected my ipod in my friend’s computer and then suddenly disconnected it without safely removing it. Now, all my music is gone. Don’t tell me to just sync it all because my computer crashed and my ipod is all I have left. What can I do?

155. Ankit Duseja said,

on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I guess you have tried everything! Better to send it in repair to Apple!

156. Ankit Duseja said,

on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:29 pm

@Guia Try restoring it! If it doesn’t works, formatting would help you!

157. dipesh said,

on April 16th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

i have a30gb ipod and thin its corruted or smthing
    windows doesnt detect it and when i plug it in the pc it shows low batrttry sign
    reccouringly what to do

158. so said,

on May 7th, 2010 at 3:48 am

so my ipod wont turn on or anyting it is just off and so then i plug it into my computer and it says the ipod is corrupted and that it needs to be restored. so then i click restore and it doesnt do anything and i dont know whats wrong. also when i click restore it says my files will be deleted ..what do i do??

159. Tina Shroff said,

on May 13th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Thank u soooooooooooo much..this really helped set my hung ipod..m grateful…thanx :)

160. zareen said,

on May 14th, 2010 at 1:49 pm

my ipod is corrupted. how to format it?

161. zareen said,

on May 14th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

my ipod is corrupted. and it shows “very low battery sign” also the apple logo flashes.. like it apperas and thn in secs diappears.. how can i format it myself?

162. Raj said,

on May 19th, 2010 at 8:14 pm

hiiii can anyone pls help me about how to format the ipod from windows?
    when i try to format from disk storage drive i didnt get option(its default formating NTFS) i mean it ‘s not showing any options like FAT32,after sometime its showing erro message like “can’t be format”
    infact i tunes is detecting and formating with no result and sometimes i waited long time above 2hrs..pls any one can help me whats the solution for above.thank you

163. matt said,

on May 22nd, 2010 at 9:38 am

thank you!!!!!

164. henry tang said,

on May 29th, 2010 at 8:57 am

i downloaded music from cds and such and i couldnt get album pics so i clicked get album pics and i got them so i tried syncing my ipod to get the album pics and it didn’t work untill the second time it sync it and then i unplug it and it shuts off i thought it was a dead batt so i charged it and when i saw it was charged60 percent i unpluged it and it turned off i turn it back on and it says i have no batt so plug it and do a restore and that still didn’t solve my problem plese help me wat do i have to do to fix my 32gb ipod touch step by step

165. Kathy Beebs said,

on June 9th, 2010 at 8:01 am

WOW thanks so much this was a big help and i was able to fix my ipod!!!

166. Sourabh said,

on June 13th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Thnks 4 the Trick buddy,
    jusst got it done…
    thnks a lot

167. dagninet said,

on June 19th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

my ipod show only iple image and it is close alone

168. dagninet said,

on June 19th, 2010 at 10:56 pm

169. sivart said,

on July 13th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I have an Ipod 5th gen 60gig. I got it used about 3 years ago and had no major problem with it. As of late the connecting wire (the doc I believe) developed a short. It took me a while to deiscover that. I bought a new dock today and it’s acting like the old one. Neither of my computers will recognize it nor will iTunes. In device properties it comes up one the usb as ‘unknown device’. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled itunes and still the same thing. I can get it to charge and it will play, but pc and itunes won’t recognize.

170. 2amazon said,

on July 19th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Thank you sooo much. I’ve placed this site on my favorites. You saved my Ipod.

171. Bng said,

on July 25th, 2010 at 10:18 am

my itouch shown a usb connect to the itunes i trying to downgrade but now cant i restart my itouch on aso like tat

172. dee said,

on August 24th, 2010 at 8:20 am

Please please help me!
    We suspected that our home computer (pc) was hacked, but we had the optimum guys tell us it was fine, but I suspect it isn’t… You see, for some reason, when it shows my hard drive in “my computer”, everything is in blue and there are these weird files that i don’t recignize…Is this ok/normal? Anyway, I plugged in my ipod once and it (itunes) told me it was corrupted and had to be restored, but i thought it was nothing bec. just before my ipod was hanged and e/t so i thought it was just out of wack, and I have been using limewire for a very long time (the free version) and i never have had corrupted files on it (it usually warns me). So now, i’m not sure if this happens on my home computer too (i’m using a laptop now, not where my usual itunes library is)but when i plug it in to my laptop the auto account that comes up is usually one of 2 email accounts that are totally foreign to me, thus leaves me to suspect a hacker…can you help me figure it out? If it’s a corrupted file, does it make sense that this hacker would be able to go this far/deep? or is someone doing it plain through the home computer? i have norton, why am i not protected? also if it’s a file how do i go about restoring the ipod safely w/out reimplanting the corrupted file (how do i know which one it is?) am i endangering both computers if the hacker DID indeed do it through my ipod?
    All the help would be appreiciated very very much, i really don’t know what to do…

173. taky said,

on September 19th, 2010 at 7:52 am

great help with the magic trick of pressing the menu and center button simultaneously!!! mwah!!!!

174. elizabeth said,

on September 27th, 2010 at 4:08 am

Thank you so much! I had a hanged ipod but nobody told be you had to hold it for 10 seconds. thank you so much.

175. Jerry said,

on September 29th, 2010 at 5:52 pm

How to repair a hanged iPod?this really works superb.I was woried of waiting till the charge falls down.
    Thanks…

176. Qwerty said,

on October 16th, 2010 at 2:58 pm

well, thanks this will help a little.

177. Shadrach Samuel said,

on November 17th, 2010 at 5:10 am

My i pod got stuck i tried holding the hold key but it is not switching off or restarting i tried to connect it to pc but its not getting connected

178. Maisha said,

on November 22nd, 2010 at 3:35 pm

My iPod is acting very strange. It ot hung so i pressed menu and the the center button as instructed by my manual. But whenever i do that the apple picture/ logo comes and it gets hung again!!! WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO????????

179. on November 30th, 2010 at 7:51 am

Fantastic article, it thought me alot, thanks!

180. shielah said,

on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:55 am

my ipod was playing fine thru the usb port on my car. my daughter unplugged it to listen to the radio and now when i plug my ipod back in the stereo says “empty usb”..or “reading usb” and then goes back to the radio. usually when i plug it in the ipod reads “do not disconnect” and now it doesn’t even say that.What could the prob be and can i fix it?

181. shielah said,

on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:57 am

but the songs are still on the ipod and i can use earphones to play them..the car stereo just cant read it anymore for some reason

182. Harsh Havalimane said,

on January 5th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Thanks dude… It worked…….. Thanks a lot…

183. david c said,

on January 8th, 2011 at 11:16 am

my ipod cannot be recognized onto itunes but is working fine? 2G ipod touch 4.0 8 gigs

184. david c said,

on January 8th, 2011 at 11:24 am

everything else recognises my ipod touch except itunes it says when i plug it in “itunes cannot read the contents of the ipod “ipod touch”. go to the summary tab in ipod preferences and click restore to restore this ipod to factory setting”

but i’ve got millions on the ipod touch that still havent been synced!!! i dont want to loose them is there any other way?

185. DonWayne said,

on February 12th, 2011 at 11:46 am

That info was the BEST………THANKS

186. jdueces said,

on February 21st, 2011 at 8:52 pm

my ipod 60gb pauses every two
    seconds,& the artwork is all jacked up

187. Reewaz said,

on February 23rd, 2011 at 5:14 am

please help me out!

the problem with my ipod is that I jailbroked it before 2 months and one of my friends suggested me to download free applications from cydia(the one which is installed itself after jailbreaking the ipod)and i did so. the apps were cool and interesting and i began to download more apps from there. i didnt like some of the apps and was trying to remove it, but there was no option for it to get removed then i thought to format it and i did that(format). after the format was over it didnt open. it always shows the apple’s logo but is not processed from there…. I am in great need of help… please help me out………

188. Lakshit Bhutani said,

on February 25th, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Thanks a ton.

189. janelle said,

on March 13th, 2011 at 12:52 am

It can be done as follows:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Right Click on your iPod Drive.
    3. Click on “Format”.
    4. Prefer FAT32 file system.
    5. Dont Label it now (Leave it blank).
    6. Uncheck “Quick Format” Option.
    7. Uncheck “Enable Compression” option also.
    8. Click on “Start”.
    when i do that, it says it’s unable to work. i’ve noo idea what to do and i followed the steps right.

190. kembotz said,

on March 18th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

my ipod touch not working if i push the turn on button and w8 a few sec my ipod is turning off again wat can i do to my ipod to working again pls help me

191. karan said,

on March 24th, 2011 at 1:58 am

i put a file on my ipod, not via itunes but via the “my computer”. so now,the ipod doesn’t start up fully>> it starts up and shuts down over and over again, what can i do to erase the file from the ipod without formatting it or losing any data?

192. Nick said,

on April 13th, 2011 at 7:08 am

Hi! i record some lectures of my professors using my other device voice recorder and then i transferred the wav files to my ipod classic by itunes, however, it wont play so i let it go. but when i play my usual music playlist w/c i normally do, there no sound coming up and the rest of my play lists. what seems to be the problem? pls help. ty

193. Sana Chhabra said,

on April 14th, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Thankyouu! the 10sec thing worked! :D

194. emma said,

on April 27th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I didnt eject my ipod properly on the last few occasions as it wasnt dectecting my ipod.
    IT’s come up saying the ipod is corrupted try resetting/restoring the ipod. So i have done that and everything has been wiped from my ipod but i recconect it and it comes up with the message again and I try and restore it AGAIN and the error code

iPod: Cannot restore or update in iTunes with error 1439

appears.
    so its working but not! any ideas?

195. Kavita said,

on June 1st, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Thanks very very much for the info…it really helped me a lot……god bless u

196. Aks said,

on June 17th, 2011 at 12:58 am

So easy to fix, saved my life though

197. sindybad said,

on June 21st, 2011 at 4:41 pm

hi, my ipod is apparently corrupted so i followed the steps of reformatting it however every time it only reaches one point in the process and doesn’t continue…it just never finishes :(

198. Lisa said,

on August 8th, 2011 at 9:30 am

Dude, you’re a Legend!! thank you so much :D

199. Neena said,

on August 9th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

my ipod has never done this before. it says on itunes that it is corrupted so i did restore it then i synced it again and it worked. But some songs it skips and then it will freeze so i let die out again. but it just keeps happing. any sollutions???

200. Ken said,

on August 29th, 2011 at 3:01 pm

My Ipod Classic 120gb won’t restore and comes up with an error message: unknown error 1439 – what can I do to fix this?

201. Jenna said,

on September 20th, 2011 at 5:07 am

ok, so my ipod has been acting up lately. one day i detached it from another computer without ejecting it and it came up saying no music. i then took it home and tried restoring it. the problem is that it comes up as corrupted, i restore, load music on, and it will crash after a random amount of time and GB.it will say that the disk was improperly ejected when i haven’t touched it. also, a lot of the albums that used to work on my ipod will skip through songs. i’ve restored, center menu, center backward, center play modes and still the same issue. do i have any hope?? :(

thanks for your time.